Address: 17, St. Thomas' Road, Chorley
The Euxton Tavern was situated on the corner of St.Thomas' Road and Dole Lane on the opposite side of the junction from the Rose & Crown whose end wall can just be seen on the left of the picture above.
|Rear of the Euxton tavern from Dole Lane prior to demolition|
It was demolished many years ago to make way for new development as the two pictures below show, one from around 1900 and other in 2015.
|Euxton Tavern c.1900|
|Old site of the Euxton Tavern 2015|
Originally known as the "Two Bulls" the tavern first appeared on census and directories in 1818 and from 1851 was shown as the Euxton Tavern. Listed landlords were T Darbyshire (1818), William Howarth (1822-1830), Richard Hailwood (1835-39), John Sibbring (1841), Joseph Yates (1851-61), Rebecca Frearson (1865), James Draper (1871-91) and William McKennie (1901).
|View from Dole Lane down the side of the Euxton Tavern to St Thomas' Road|