Real Ale

Real Ale

Adlington - Bottom Spinners Arms

Name: The Spinners Arms

Address: 21-23, Church Street, Adlington



The building housing the Spinners was built in 1838 as the date stone suggests and was originally a row of three cottages. It was originally at no.3 Church Street but as the village developed over the mid to late 1800's moved up the numerical list to 21-23.


1849 Map

Listed landlords at the pub were Elizabeth Unsworth (1861), Zachariah Porter (1871), James Birchall (1873), Joseph Collier (1881), Richard Worsley (1891), Isaac Mather (1901) and Malcolm J Vose (1911).

1861 Census


1871 Census


Chorley Guardian 01 November 1873

1881 Census


1891 Census

1894 Map

1901 Census


1911 Census



Lancashire Evening Post 23 December 1920


Further detailed history of the Spinners can be found on the following link: -


No comments:

Post a Comment