Name: The Railway InnThe Railway Inn was located on Market Street in Adlington at the junction with Harrison Road and was so named due to it's proximity to the original Lancashire Union Joint Railway Line, which ran North to South at the rear of the premises. This area was known as Water House Bridge which is where the River Douglas cuts across Adlington.
Address: 84, Market Street, Adlington, Chorley
|Looking South Down Market Street c.1980's|
|Preston Chronicle 09 January 1869|
|Chorley Guardian 11 May 1872|
|Chorley Standard and District Advertiser 08 September 1883|
The pictures above and below show the Railway Inn after closure prior to being redeveloped.