Real Ale

Real Ale

Parker's Arms

Name: The Parker's Arms

Address: 120, Park Road, Chorley


The Parker's Arms was named after one of Chorley's most influential families, the Towneley-Parkers who lived at Astley Hall in the early 1800's and it may be that they owned the pub and their family arms were displayed outside, as was traditional (likewise the Towneley Arms just down Preston Road).  The Parker's Arms was opened in 1822 but first recorded on the 1841 Census and remains open to this day.





Listed landlords/tenants included Thomas Withnell (1839-41), Henry Hitchen (1848-1851), Mr. Nightingale (1853), Jane Miller (1861-76), Charles Mould (1879-81), James Mould (1882), Elijah Smith (1889-91), John Broughton (1901-11), George Holland (1920-24) and Alex W Birnie (1936).

1841 Census

Preston Chronicle 19 February 1848


Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser 06 October 1849

1851 Census

Preston Chronicle 16 April 1853

Preston Chronicle 08 December 1860

1861 Census

Preston Chronicle 09 July 1862

Preston Chronicle 20 October 1866


Preston Chronicle 30 March 1867

1871 Census



1881 Census

1891 Census


1901 Census

1911 Census
Lancashire Evening Post 02 September 1924

Parker's Arms 2011

In 2011 the Parker's underwent a refurbishment as pictured below.

No comments:

Post a Comment