Address: 114, Blackburn Road, Whittle-le-Woods, Chorley
The Red Cat first opened in the early-mid 1800's. Listed landlords were Bernard Eccles (1841), Henry Waterworth (1851), then Bernard's son John Eccles (1861-82), Thomas Smith (1889-1901), Ada Waring (1911-1930's), W. Worden (late 1930's), Mr. & Mrs. F Kerfoot (1930's-1970's), Martin Steinmetz (2007) and Sam Crompton (2014).
|The Red Cat - before the bypass, which now runs to the right of this picture|
|The Red Cat Restaurant|
Whilst the Red Cat ceased to be a pub in recent years it operated as a restaurant under the same name but following a change of ownership in October 2014 its name changed to the Fat Bull after over 160 years as the Red Cat.