Name: The Jackson’s Arms
Address: 57, Cunliffe Street, Chorley
The Jackson's Arms was first recorded on the 1881 census but it is likely that there was an Inn on this site as far back as 1793 when a Ralph Jackson was recorded as an Innkeeper in Chorley. It was known locally by the nickname "The Nackie" and listed landlords were William Slater (1881-82), Michael Walsh (1891), Mary Wilson (1901), Thomas Wilding (1911), Harold R Shorrocks (1936) and Peter Smith (2005).
|Lancashire Evening Post 20 October 1886|
|Blackburn Standard 03 December 1892|
In the late 2000's the Jackson Arms closed its doors for good and has since been converted into flats.
|Jackson's Arms 2015 Converted to Flats|