Name: The Fazackerley Tap
Address: 1, Hill Street, Chorley
|The Fazackerley Tap (far left) on Hill Street|
The Fazackerley Tap had its frontage on Hill Street but shared the same yard as the Fazackerley Arms. The photo above was taken after the Tap ceased to be a licensed premises and can be seen on the left of picture as a retail premises (further details not known). The rear of the Fazackerley Arms can be seen at the rear of the Tap with a brick outer wall adjoining the white-washed wall of no.11 Market Place. Another view of the rear yard of both the Tap and Arms is shown below: -
Licensee of the Fazackerley Tap were Moses Jackson (1851), James Hulme (1861), Frederick Lucas (1881), John Taylor (1891), William Harrop (1911) and Annie Harrop (1911).
The 1871 census record above confirms that the premises was not always used as the Fazackerley Tap and in 1871 was the home of Alexander Hutchinson and his family. Alexander was working as a shoveller in the floor cloth works.
|The Fazackerley Tap (far right)|
The press cutting below shows the Fazackerley Tap owner was the Blackburn Brewing Company in 1924 when following objections from the local police superintendent they surrendered the licence.
|Lancashire Evening Post 07 February 1924|