Address: Station Road (formerly Cannaleach), Croston
|The Crown © Copyright Raymond Knapman and|
licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
The Crown was opened in the 1860's and was located on a road called "Cannaleach" which subsequently was renamed "Station Road" in the 1880's. Listed landlords at the Inn were John Dalton (1871-91), James Trafford (1901) and Thomas Forshaw (1911).
|Preston Chronicle 26 January 1867|
|Lancashire Evening Post 15 April 1891|
|Lancashire Evening Post 11 October 1905|
The Massey family dabbled in the cotton trade, but were more well-known for being the owners of the Bridge End Brewery, founded around 1750.
The company once owned over 150 pubs and off-licenses in the town and Edward Stocks Massey was generous with his wealth.
|The Bridge End Brewery at Burnley|
The Bridge End Brewery at Burnley is reputed to have been founded in 1750. It operated under the name of Lord Massey until 1889, when Massey's Burnley Brewery Ltd. was formed. The Massey family also dabbled in the cotton trade, and owned the Victoria Mill, Trafalgar Street.
|Lancashire Evening Post 09 June 1917|