Address: 27, St Thomas' Road, Chorley
|The Euxton Tavern (left) on the corner of Dole Lane and the Court|
Tavern just in picture (far right) next to the old Flour Mill
Listed landlords at the Court Tavern were Thomas Ellison (1881), M Gillibrand (1882), James Cross (1901), John W Taylor (1901), Margaretta Taylor (1911), Charles Hebden (-1925), Frederick Taylor (1926-), James Hargreaves (1936) and Cyril Hargreaves (-1949).
|1882 Barrett's Directory|
|The Court Tavern 1950s|
|Chorley Guardian 1959|
The Court Tavern was demolished along with the Euxton Tavern to make way for new development and on the site today stands a car park and business premises. It closed on 4th April 1971 and pictures below were taken on the last night (courtesy of Paul Topping through Chorley Then and Now).