Address: Towngate, Eccleston
|Baines 1825 Directory|
It first appears on Census records in 1841 when William Brinton was the Inn Keeper.
The 1851 census saw a new landlord behind the bar at the Blue Anchor Inn, John Rigby.
John Rigby, licensee in 1851, died in June of that year. He had been a gamekeeper in Bispham until at least 1843 and the first mention of him back in Eccleston is the baptism of twin sons Henry and James in 1845, when he is Innkeeper. John's great great grandsons now own the car dealership 200 yards away opposite the Farmer's Arms. (courtesy of Andrew Alston 2018)
William Highfield was the landlord from 1861 all the way through to his death in the Autumn of 1881. 1891 saw a Thomas Ellison behind the bar followed by John Danson in 1901 and William Hayes in 1911. The pub was closed and demolished c.1999 and there are now houses on the site, which is called Anchor Fields.