Address: Coppice Lane, White Coppice, Chorley
|1845 Map of White Coppice|
The Inn is clear to see on the map above, situated on the south side of Coppice Lane adjacent to the reservoir below Albion Villa.
Very little is known about the Horse Shoe Inn in White Coppice other than it had the distinction of being the only Inn in the hamlet and was eventually closed down by Alfred Ephraim Eccles who was the owner of the White Coppice Mill c.1900 and a fearsome supporter of the Temperance movement.
By 1892 the Inn was no longer recorded on the map below and appears to have closed and been demolished many years before.
|Satellite View in 2017|