Address: 55, Bottom o' th' Moor, Horwich
|c.1909 Cottages at Bottom o'th Moor|
|1869 Slater's Directory|
|1871 Census Thomas Turner|
Following Thomas Turner's death in 1872 his wife Nancy continued to run the business until 1875 when the following announcement was made in the local newspaper.
03 May 1875 - Bolton Evening News
License at the Masons' Arms, Horwich transferred from Nancy Turner to William Pass.
In 1881 William Pass is recorded on the census record as a general labourer but his wife Lucy's "occupation" as "beer seller's wife" confirm the beer house was still running.
|1881 Census William Pass|
William Pass died in 1884 and sometime before 1891 the Mason's was taken over by Robert Turner, the son of the original landlord, who was working as a coal miner and beer seller.
|1891 Robert Turner Coal Miner and Beer Seller|
Shortly after this Robert Turner moved into the town to run the Saddle Inn on Lee Lane and by 1901 new the landlord was a Thomas Bower.
|1901 Census Thomas Bower - Beer House Manager|
|1911 Census George Heath|