Address: Church Street junction High Street, Standish
Listed landlords at the Nag's Head were William Turner (1871-75), Ellen Gorton (1875-91), Henry Parkinson (1901), William Banks (1907) and Margaret Banks (1911).
|Preston Chronicle 12 March 1862|
|Blackburn Standard 16 October 1875|
|Preston Chronicle 04 August 1877|
Ellen Gorton was landlady of the Globe Inn on High Street before taking over at the Nag's Head in the 1870s. She continued to run the pub until sometime in the 1890s after which she moved in with her daughter Rachel and son-in-law Charles Barfield further down Wigan Road at no.12a where she was living at the time of the 1901 census, her occupation shown as "retired publican". She remained living in Standish until her death in 1908.
|Wigan Observer and District Advertiser 09 November 1907|
Having closed in the early 1900's the beer house is now in use as the Co-op Funeral Care offices.